As testing efforts continue across the state, the Mississippi State Department of Health and the University of Mississippi Medical have announced mobile COVID-19 testing sites for the upcoming week.†
Monday, May 4:
- Adams County: †Adams County Safe Room, 323 Liberty Road, Natchez
- Attala County: Attala County Coliseum, 550 Mississippi Highway 12, Kosciusko
Tuesday, May 5:
- Noxubee County: Noxubee Civic Center, 16291 U.S. 45, Macon
- Claiborne County: Claiborne County Parks and Recreation, 1120 Highway 61 North, Port Gibson
Wednesday, May 6:
- Desoto County: Landers Center, 4560 Venture Drive, Southaven
- Neshoba County: Neshoba County Coliseum, 1200 Highway 15 North, Philadelphia
Thursday, May 7:
- Monroe County: Becker Community Center, 52246 Highway 25, Amory
Friday, May 8:
- Clarke County: Clarke County EMA, 642 S. Archusa Ave., Quitman
Testing hours are noon-4 p.m. Only those with appointments will be tested.
Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat can be tested and the MSDH has expanded its guidelines and is now recommending testing for anyone with a known or potential exposure to someone confirmed with the virus.
To get tested at one of these sites, you still must make an appointment through the C Spire Health telehealth smartphone app or by phone. The fastest and easiest way to get screened and tested is with the C Spire Health app. Itís available daily from 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Hundreds of people in Mississippi communities have taken advantage of the UMMC/MSDH drive-through collection sites. Those numbers include, as of the end of the day April 28, a total 1,053 people at 37 one-day testing states statewide, plus another 3,067 at the Mississippi State Fairgrounds, for a total of 4,120 tested.
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency and the Mississippi National Guard are partnering with UMMC and MSDH to coordinate mobile testing sites. UMMC and C Spire have partnered to make the screening free to all Mississippians.
Those without smartphones who want to be screened for testing can call (601) 496-7200.
During drive-through testing, health care professionals will collect specimen samples via a nose swab. Those being tested will not exit their vehicle. For more information about testing, click here.
The post Mobile COVID-19 testing sites announced for upcoming week appeared first on News Mississippi.