The Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office will host a series of public hearings regarding Initiative Measure No. 65 (medical marijuana) in each of the old five Congressional districts, as required by State law.
Initiative Measure No. 65 and the legislative alternative, Alternative Measure No. 65A, will be on the 2020 General Election ballot.
According to the Secretary of State, the public hearings will allow voters to express their opinions and learn more about how to properly cast their ballot prior to Election Day. Voters will have the opportunity to hear from speakers both for and against Initiative Measure No. 65 and Alternative Measure No. 65A.
The doors will open at 5 p.m., and all hearings will begin promptly at 5:30 p.m. The hearings will be conducted in accordance with all state guidelines regarding COVID-19.
The hearing dates and locations are as follows:
- September 30th at The Ford Center at Ole Miss in Oxford
- October 1st at the Leflore County Civic Center in Greenwood
- October 7th at the Jackie Dole Sherrill Community Center in Hattiesburg
- October 8th at the Meridian City Hall Auditorium in Meridian
- October 13th at the MS Civil Rights Museum in Jackson
The post Public Hearings Set for Medical Marijuana Initiative appeared first on News Mississippi.